Provincial Sign Systems is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff who deal with the public are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our good or services (property).
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to access our premises. Fees will not be charged for support persons.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Provincial Sign Systems will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be made publicly available on our website.
Provincial Sign Systems provides customer service training to all of our employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training is provided in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Provincial Sign Systems plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Provincial Sign Systems’ good and services
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Provincial Sign Systems provides goods and services to people with disabilities can provide feedback via email or a phone call. All feedback, including complaints will be reviewed and handled as needed per situation or requests requires. Provincial Sign Systems customers can expect to hear back within 21 days
Notice of Availability
Provincial Sign Systems will notify the public that our documents related to accessible customer service, are available upon request by posting a notice on our website, as well as posted in our front foyer.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy, practice or procedure of Provincial Sign Systems that does not respect and promote the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity for people with disabilities will be modified or removed.